- Looking for students for Internship/Cooperative Education Opportunities for Civil/Environmental Engineering – Summer 2014
- Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
- From: May-August 2014
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:15pm
- Job Describtion: Designs will include site layout, grading, drainage, stormwater, and utility design using AutoCAD and 3-D Modeling programs
Langan Engineering has a wonderful opportunity for rising juniors and seniors as a summer internship (particularly in the area of civil engineering). Interested candidates that meet the criteria need to submit a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript through the lionslink system. Be sure to upload these documents in the document section of lionslink THEN apply by Searching and submitting through the Jobs & Internship section. If you have any questions contact the Career Center X 2161.
Internship (Civil Engineering or those interested in the environment)– Summer 2014
Langan is seeking students for Internship or Cooperative Education opportunities in the following disciplines: Civil and Environmental in our Lawrenceville, NJ office (hours of operation: 8:30 am – 5:15 pm Monday through Friday).
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm and has been recognized as one of CE News Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For. Langan offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
The successful students for our Site/Civil discipline will assist with site feasibility studies and detailed design for commercial, industrial or residential development. Designs will include site layout, grading, drainage, stormwater, and utility design using AutoCAD and 3-D Modeling programs. Technical focus will be on hydraulics and hydrology, using accepted engineering methods for open channel flow, pipe flow, overland flow, level-pool routing, hydrographs, and peak flow calculations. Selection of the appropriate design criteria, adherence to pertinent regulations, and considerations for constructability will be stressed for each design. Work may also include field assignments for data collection, site reconnaissance, and construction observation and documentation.
• Student actively pursuing a four year or advanced degree in Civil Engineering;
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better preferred;
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
• Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and,
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
The successful students for our Environmental discipline will assist in environmentally related office work and may perform field work. The student will be involved with environmental projects performing site research, data management and assisting with report preparation. Field work may include: sampling, drilling, and remediation oversight. In addition, the student will perform other job related duties as necessary.
Please submit resume, cover letter and include academic transcripts through lionslink. If new to the system please call the career center X2161. Preference will be given to students who are currently in their Jr. or Sr. year or to students pursuing their MS degree.