American Society of Civil Engineers: TCNJ Chapter
Welcome to The College of New Jersey’s American Society of Civil Engineer’s chapter! The main objective of the ASCE Student Chapter is to inform students about the Civil Engineering profession and encourage students to take an active role in promoting the ideals of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
The American Society of Civil Engineers, founded in November 1852, is the oldest national professional engineering society. ASCE’s vision is to promote a world in which engineers can build a better quality of life for all of humanity.
ASCE’s mission is to promote value to its members and their careers by:
- Developing leadership skills in its members and supporting civil engineer leaders
- Facilitating advancement of the technology utilized by the profession
- Encouraging and providing tools for lifelong learning within the profession
- Advocating infrastructure and environmental stewardship; and
- Promoting professionalism and the civil engineering profession
The ASCE Student Chapter at The College of New Jersey strives to promote an atmosphere in which students can expand their engineering education and service to the community. By joining ASCE, students have the opportunity to interact with peers, staff, and professionals outside of the classroom.